There are so many ways to get and stay active, even if you don’t have a gym membership. Here are some great tips to get you moving:
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
2. Remember that all movement counts. Housework might not be fun, but it’s a great way to get moving.
3. Make social time an active time. When you meet a friend for coffee, take a brisk walk together before having your latte.
4. Walk the mall. Shopping malls are open every day, are well lit, even surfaced, and you won’t ever have to worry about getting wet or cold.
5. Need a break at the office? Take a walk around the block.
6. Park the car farther away from your destination.
7. Be active at home. Pull weeds, take on a home-improvement project, or play with your children.
8. Try a new activity like yoga, Pilates, water aerobics, or dancing.
9. Buddy up. Being active is much more fun with family and friends. Friends and family are a great system of accountability!
10. Make activity a priority. Like any work or social commitment, put exercise into your daily schedule. Block off time to be active and stick to your schedule! Be active 30 minutes a day, most days of the week.